Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Random Every Day Fun Stuff

So I have this client who I've been seeing for a while now. He is argueably one of the cutest kids ever. We'll call him "Little J". He just turned 5 and he's working on your basic articulation/speech sounds. He's smart and quick-witted and a total crack up. I really enjoy him because he's a breath of fresh air in the middle of a caseload of more difficult children. He keeps me on my toes. Every now and again he comes in for speech therapy and doesn't feel like participating. Here are my top 5 favorite excuses he's given me for why he can't practice his words:
1. I can't say my words today...my back is sweaty.
2. I can't say my words today...they made my throat hurt.
3. I can't hear you...I swallowed my listening ears.
4. I can't say my words today...they just make my head hurt and maybe I should lay down.
And my most recent favorite:
5. I can't say my /r/ words...they will make your baby excited and he will kick you. Is he crying right now?

1 comment:

dana said...

That's hilarious! Love the new digs by the way. Looks great!