Saturday, February 7, 2009

Who Are You Baby???

So, don't expect any preggo pictures after this...I'm feeling quite large these days! This pic was taken at 36 weeks and now I am 37 weeks, which means Baby is now full-term! We are getting so curious to know when this child will grace us with his/her presence and WHO this child will be! The heartbeat was 160-something last week and 139 this week, so no hints there. Several weeks ago, people kept asking me if I was uncomfortable yet. Naively, I was like "No, I feel great - never better." Then about 2 days later the late stages of pregnancy finally kicked in. Totally uncomfortable to sit/walk/sleep/breathe/move/anything/everything. I'm exhausted during the day and can't sleep at night. It's currently 2:30 am if that's any indication. Seasoned mothers laugh and comment..."get used to it because you won't sleep for the next 18 years!". So encouraging. Continuing to work full-time has been a challenge since I don't function well without sleep! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for the world, because it's all worth it to get to become a family of three, and I feel totally blessed that Baby seems healthy and growing as it should. And Lord knows I'd take this tired/uncomfortable 3rd trimester over sick. all. the. time. 1st trimester any day! But, Baby, aren't you ready to come out yet and meet us?

4 comments:

Tanya said...

You can NOT stop taking pregnancy photos. You will regret it when you are prego with #s 2, 3, 4, and 5. You will wish you had documented how big you were with #1. Besides, those of us who live far away need to see that baby belly so it is a little more real for us! And you WILL sleep again - sometime around their 4-6 month birthday. 5 hours straight will feel like 10. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I thought that I would check in on the blog to see if Baby Eigsti had came into this world yet. I bet that you both are so eager to meet him/her! Sondra, I know that it is probably hard to accept this comment, but you look great. I hope that all is going well and looking forward to seeing pictures when the baby comes! Blessings to you both!

Mike Medved said...

Amen to the you look great. I was just with Sondra yesterday and she looks even smaller in person. The camera does add 10 pounds. I can't WAIT for baby to arrive and I am still crossing my fingers for one of those babies that sleeps through the night at 2 weeks. ;)
jen

Micah & Shanna said...

okay seriously girl - if you want to feel better I'll admit to you how much I gained with Kayla (i won't admit on here though) it will make you feel great!!! :) we can hardly wait for you guys!!! So exciting!!