Saturday, November 28, 2009

Luke's Room

Thank you for being patient with me (as if you are all waiting on the edge of your seats for me to post something new, ha!) as I have been super slow to post pics the last several months! We are finally in our new home with daily internet access at last and everything. I'll be playing catch up for a while. I have some fun pictures of a trip to the zoo and other adventures that will be coming once I get the pics off of my parents' camera. Until then, see some updated highlights of the last couple of months as you scroll down. And I have had requests to show our work at our new house, so I will start in Luke's room, which is my absolute favorite. Not sure how he gets the coolest room of the house. But, if our bathroom ever gets done, that may become my new favorite.
I don't have the original look of this room, but imagine blue wallpaper with little flowers...not quite the boy look we were going for. So this shot is after (count them) three layers of wallpaper have been removed but before the paint... And after...
We started with a orange and brown theme (partly because it's cool and partly in honor of his birthplace - the Cleveland Browns), but later thought the blue was a perfect complimenting color and would brighten it up a bit. Chad was reluctant at first, but I told him the blue could represent Lake Erie. He wasn't super impressed, but went with it anyway, and now we both love it.

No comments: