Sunday, February 27, 2011

Grandpa Nisly

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster emotionally. We welcomed the beautiful new life of our son Adam, and one week later said goodbye to my sweet Grandpa who went to be with the Lord. Although he's been slipping away from us for several years now due to Alzheimer's, it's still hard and sad to say goodbye. He was a wonderful man and I have many fond memories with my grandparents. But, I am glad, knowing he is no longer suffering on this earth, and now he gets to hang out with my grandma again up in heaven!
Henry Nisly
March 5, 1919 - February 21, 2011
Grandma and Grandpa at their auction July 2008
at our wedding rehearsal dinner May 2006
Luke with Grandpa February 2010
We'll miss you, Grandpa.

2 comments:

Mike Medved said...

Sondra...
So sad to hear of the passing of your Grandfather. How awesome the day will be when we all are reunited in heaven!

Natelie Burkey said...

So sorry to hear about Grandpa Nisly! He was such a wonderful man and touched so many people, including me. I remember one particular Thanksgiving with your family at there home. I know that this is belated, but I thoughts and prayers are with all of you.