Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Hour

We've had a rough week. This mommy got strep throat on Wednesday night and was pretty much out of commission until Saturday. On Friday, Luke woke up crying from his nap crying his "I'm in pain" cry and immediately I knew he was sick with something too. Sure enough, he had a fever. I called his doctor immediately and they were thankfully able to get us in their last appointment of the day. He had an ear infection and conjunctivitis (pink eye). So 50% of this household is on antibiotics right now. It had been a dreary couple of days at our house (the only fun part about being sick for me was that I had something to watch [the Royal Wedding] at 4:30 a.m. while I was up with the aches and chills. :) So, on the way home from the doctor's office I decided it was about time for some fun and get a little special treat for us sickies. We went through the drive-thru at Bogey's and got some curly fries and Luke's first taste of a cherry limeade. Yum! They have happy hour (50% off drinks) from 3-5, so my total bill for all of this delicious comfort was $3, which made me even happier, of course. :) But the best part of it all was seeing Luke's face light up with joy at this special treat and listening to him happily say over and over the whole way home "Mmmmm...so GOOD!". It made my day.

No comments: