Monday, October 24, 2011

V for Victory!

We've had some proud accomplishments around these parts...Child #1 is {partially} potty trained! We started about 2 months ago, and he didn't seem quite ready, so we put it off for a little while and started again this weekend, and just like that, he got it! Well, he got #1 anyway...#2 is still a work in progress, but we will celebrate this victory! My favorite part is that he didn't even need bribery or rewards of any kind. Being able to wear his "underwears" and get to flush the toilet after he goes is the only motivation he needed. What a kid!
Child #2 didn't want to be showed up or left out, so he decided to start crawling today! He's been going backwards for a week or so, and just couldn't seem to get the hang of going forwards. Then, today he just took off and went without any struggle whatsoever. I'm convinced he's been practicing in his crib. Mostly, I'm thankful that I got to witness it. God gave me the little gift of Adam crawling on a non-work day for me! And though Chad didn't get to see it, I did just happen to be on the phone with him at the exact moment it happened, so at least he got to hear our happy squeals. However, within an hour of learning to move, this child managed to pull a large plant down on himself and spill the soil, and try to eat a power cord, so...let the games begin!

No comments: