Wednesday, May 30, 2012

God was in my Kitchen

So this morning Luke slept in.  Like past 10:00.  This is unheard of around here.  Just when I was ready to go in and check his pulse, he bursts out of his room and says:
Luke: But...where is God?!  (looking around)
Me: What?
Luke: Where is God?  He was just here!
Me: What?!  Was He talking to you?
Luke:  No.
Me: Who was he talking to?
Luke: Well, he was just talking to people.
Me:  What people?  Was he talking to mommy and daddy?  (Thinking maybe this could be a dream??)
Luke: No, he was just talking to people. 
Me:  Where was He?
Luke: He was in the kitchen, but I didn’t show him my room.
Me: Why not?
Luke:  Well, because I wasn’t talking to him.  He was talking to the people.  But Jesus wasn't there.  Just God.  Where was Jesus?
Me: Hmmm.  What did God look like?
Luke: He looks like a daddy.
Me:  You mean he looks like Daddy?
Luke: No mommy.  He looks like a daddy.
[Mommy has goosebumps]
I kept asking him what God was saying to the "people", but he would just say "words".  I'm not sure what to make of this...he was so serious telling me all about it.  Wowza!
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."  Mark 10:14-15

No comments: