Friday, September 3, 2010

Pregnant Brain

I know there is research out there that claims that pregnancy has no effect whatsoever on one's brain, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Case in point:

A couple of days ago, I was on my way to work and was within a few blocks of the babysitter's house when it suddenly occurred to me...there was no child in my back seat. It was Wednesday. On Wednesdays (just like last school year), Luke goes to my parent's house and Chad takes him since it is closer to his work. As I got ready that morning I even thought about how nice it was to only have to get myself ready for the day. This was my third Wednesday back to work this school year too, so you'd think I'd have the hang of it. Hmmmm...not convinced?

The next day, more absent-mindedness. There is a stoplight about a block from where we live. I stop at this light basically every day. On this particular day, I approached the light, looked both ways and saw no cars in sight and went on my merry way. About halfway through the intersection I realized I had just ran a red light. What?! I am losing it. I don't remember being this clueless while pregnant with Luke, but of course, seeing as how pregnancy seems to strip away my ability to think, I probably wouldn't remember.

So, if you see me driving down the road, I highly suggest you turn and drive in the opposite direction for your safety. Or, if you would be so kind, please pull up beside me and tell me where I am supposed to be going. I'm sure I won't have a clue. thankyouverymuch

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

lol - girl - you're not the only one! Just last night I jumped in the shower before I had to head to the office. Jeff said bye and took all the kids with him to the grocery store (my hero). Yet, when I get out of the shower, I start saying "Adddddiiieee...where are you?!" and actually go look for her. Then laugh at myself. Duh. I don't know WHERE these women are whose brains are not affected but I'd like to see if they aren't just smoking something. Really....